As the local community has grown, so has the need for more schools with suitable buildings,
equipment and materials.
Although we were already proving considerable assistance to two primary schools, by building
classrooms, teachers’ houses, a library and setting up vegetable gardens, the most important
need in recent years was to expand the opportunities locally for secondary education. With
this in mind many of our recent building projects have taken place at Mfuwe Day Secondary
- Six classrooms complete with desks and furniture.
- Two girls' dormitories and two boys' dormitories, for boarding pupils.
- Modern washroom facilities with showers, washbasins and toilets for both boys and girls.
- Two shelters/socialization areas for boys and girls.
- A borehole drilled to provide clean drinking water and a water storage tank erected.
- New School Assembly and Dining Hall.
- Buildings provided with furniture, equipment and educational materials.
In 2017 we extended our help to local schools by assisting a new pre-school "Aunt Mary’s Academy"
with furniture, and built toilets and sports stands at Jumbe Day Secondary School.